Friday 9 February 2018

Farewell to the Red Lion, Isleworth.

Today brought more sad news - if you've read this Blog for any length of time you'll know that music and dancing played a big part in its early days.

Sadly, even as my health has deteriorated, the old venues I used to go to have shut down as well.

Today we got the news that the owners of the lease of 'The Red Lion' Isleworth are experimenting with stopping all live music as of the end of this month.

Among other things, this was the home of the Jazz club that rehabilitated me after I broke my ankle and after numerous days when I got bad news about my cancer - in the evening I'd be GROOVING.

But the most important thing was that this was where I met Robyn, where we became friends and planned nights out that developed into something more.

Its over now - a couple more weeks of Monday nights if you want to go. I can't do it any more, so its already over for me.

I also miss The Hobgoblin in Staines, a completely different kind of music, but unique in its own way.

I guess music just doesn't cut it for any one anymore.

It's sad.

Here's a taste - Derek Nash back in 2016 giving it some swing, as I was too.


Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment