Thursday 7 December 2017

The 17 days of Christmas.

And I made it again! We got to Tesco's and Robyn did the shopping while I careered about on the disabled buggy, occasionally moaning as the pain got too bad.

I even got ready early - ten minutes quicker than last week. I'm not proud of it, I aimed to get away earlier and Robyn certainly did a bit of lip pursing as I slept in the morning.

We have so much to do and I'm just a dead weight. Even without Christmas it's too much. Christmas just makes it harder, struggling through the crowds, being ignored by people because when you are disabled you are just invisible unless you are a problem.

I'm still in a lot of pain but sleeping better and at an equilibrium. The morphine is obviously essential and I've learnt a hard lesson. I suspect I already need to be on a higher dose. At the moment that comes from a patch you wear on your skin with a slow release mechanism. It's quite crude and relatively low dose, which is what I wanted. Higher doses come from slow release tablets, which is what they want me on next.

Back at home I just lost consciousness as soon as we got back. It's hard work being ill.

Meanwhile my candidates for my Christmas present music for you have (of course) got well out of hand and at the moment there are likely to be 17 days of Christmas unless I get edit them down. Which I will do.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment