Wednesday 6 December 2017

Feeling a bt low.

Oh dear me - I had a better night, got some sleep but had a rough day with lots of pain. So I'm not at my best, not getting to grips with Christmas and tomorrow is our shopping day, which I'm not looking forward to.

Robyn wants us to go as early as possible, I want to go late. I need to sleep after I've got up and had my morning medicines. It takes me time (and a lot of pain) to get dressed and then I want to time it so that I've just taken the next lot of painkillers as we go. Robyn gets worried about not having anything for lunch, trying to get the shopping done when it's quiet and when there's a disabled buggy available for me.

She's right, of course, but it is a real struggle to make it, remembering that I don't even have to do anything.

Right now there are no Christmas cards sent, I have no presents, I haven't even done a list of the things we need and it's all looking a bit bleak. Hopefully, things will sort out soon.

Meanwhile, I'm not really in the festive spirit.

And then the nurse from the hospice rang, a couple of days before I wanted her to, so I've had to admit my foolishness in stopping the morphine patch. Made my day, I can tell you.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment