Friday 24 November 2017

Wheels.

Well, I'm not one to get carried away but yesterday I was pushed around Charing Cross Hospital on a wheelchair hardly able to walk more than a few yards.

Dr Feelgood has taken a risk - she's prescribed me with an anti inflammatory painkiller which I'm not supposed to have - it's dangerous.

Last night I took it for the first time. Usually, a good night gives me about an hour and a half's sleep and I'm up at five o'clock.

A bad night is about 20 minutes sleep and hours of agony.

Last night I got up at ten to seven in the morning and slept for a lot of the night. I'm far from pain free but it was the first thing like a normal night in about 8 months.

I'm not holding my breath, I've had false dawns before - they usually didn't make it to dawn. I've had miracles that lasted for a day. But who knows?

As it is it's got it's dangers but I was rapidly closing down, in such pain as you can't imagine.

It could be a new start. And my replacement wheelchair arrived today.

I got wheels!

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilaithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment