Wednesday 1 November 2017

Social worker...gulp!

Today, Robyn had a long meeting with a social worker form the Hospice. This is not so much to do with me but it's support for her and I'm only too aware how tough things are when your partner is dying. I can't imagine how she deals with it on her own.

That's great but I know that the social worker is planning to sit in on my next meeting with the nurse, so I can see that the question of my reluctance to use morphine to the extent that they want me to is going to come up again. I can see the pressure mounting and it's going to be very difficult to deal with it.

Then again I had a lousy night last night. Ended up getting out of bed much earlier because of the pain and had a painful day too. So I can see that the day will come when I need to be relying on the morphine. It's just a matter of time.

On the other hand I have a raging appetite and I'm finding it harder to sleep in the daytime - which may be good or bad.

Who knows?

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilaithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

1 comment: