Tuesday 7 November 2017

A present from the Hospice.

It gets worse - we had a phone call today from a company that supplies wheelchairs. This has been arranged by the Hospice and they told us that my new wheelchair will be delivered sometime on Friday.

I'm not looking forward to it although Robyn is. it will make life easier for her, more depressing for me.

I have ordered an Olympic sized racing model although I believe an old codgers wheelchair will arrive, the type that are pushed about by longsuffering carers like Robyn.

I know there are big advantages. It means we can go places and I don't have to worry about whether I can walk or not. I don't have to worry about getting tired on the way to hospital or if there aren't any disabled buggies in Tesco's/

But for me it's another defeat, a loss of mobility.

And I don't think there's time to qualify for the Olympics.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilaithpromisestokeep@gmail.com
















No comments:

Post a Comment