Saturday 2 September 2017

Radio nights.


I'm not counting any chickens but I had a better night last night. I slept, off and on, for about three hours. Then I stayed in bed till 0600 am when the pain got too much and I can't remember the last time I was able to do that.

I changed my pillows and that seemed to help with my back. Mind you I've been changing the pillows around every night for as long as I can remember and it hasn't helped.

Maybe it's because I came off the chemotherapy - the side effects may be easing off.

Maybe it's the new drugs. Maybe Dr Feelgood has added something to make me feel better. You know, rather like when you take a dog to the vet - whatever treatment it gets there is always an injection and afterwards it jumps around like a puppy again for a while. I certainly wasn't doing that but it was the best night I've had in months.

At four o'clock I found myself listening to the really crap Tesco's transistor radio Robyn brought me when I was in Hospital in 2015. It's real rubbish - made in Poland, terrible reception but it saved my life back then as I lay there in the long hours of the night trying to avoid thinking about being unable to walk again and fearing that the cancer had gone wild on me.

This time I found myself listening to an early morning debate about racism, an even more fiery phone in about the opposing chances of Peru and Paraguay qualifying for the next World Cup in Russia.

And music through the early hours.

As I said, it saved my life once and it's a big help still.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

1 comment: