Wednesday 27 September 2017

Groaning Tortoise.

It was a struggle but I did make it to Tesco's today. It didn't go particularly well - we normally go in the morning, today I only managed to get out of the house after lunch. But we did it.

Obviously we needed the shopping but more importantly, I have to get up to London tomorrow to the Hospital and that's going to be an even bigger effort.

When we got home, I was, of course, completely out of it for the rest of the day. But I remember some years ago, getting back to Tesco's after I first broke vertebrae in my back and thinking how later I would be looking back to then with some nostalgia.

I was right, I do.

I remember every time I went there and rushed round on my own. I don't do that any more but I'm still there even if I'm like a groaning tortoise.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you do not stop.

    ReplyDelete