Thursday 3 August 2017

Over it now.

I'm starting to get used to disappointment but it's not easy.

Last year I spent a happy afternoon in the sun watching our local village cricket team playing the M.C.C. team. M.C.C. are the oldest cricket club and these days they send out teams to play local teams of all levels to create a bit of a buzz and to raise standards.

It worked last year - a close and classic game, played on a beautiful village green in the summer sun.

Today it was due to happen again and I'd been looking forward to it for a couple of months. Except this morning I was up at hospital and it all took ages. I had to do an interview with a medical  student to help with her studies. I was then late for my infusion and there wasn't space for us for a while. Then I didn't had a vein and there was a lot of 'stabbing about'. Then we had to wait for my meds.

Then we had to do things on the way back and by the time I got home I was tired out and hurting like mad. The sun went away and soon it was grey and miserable.......like me.

In the end I didn't go and I was very sad about that, but I'm over it now - it would have hurt too much.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

1 comment: