Saturday 12 August 2017

Not tonight.

I had a fairly sad day - a really bad night with hardly any sleep at all.

This evening, Robyn's friend Bronagh, was over from Belfast.

I gave Robyn a lift to their barbecue and it was hard going. I wasn't going to go in myself, wasn't feeling up to it. In the end I did go although I did regret it. There were some very excited kids, some quite excited adults and one very friendly slobbery dog all of whom seemed to circle around me as I slumped on the settee. I wasn't sure how I was going to manage to get up. For that matter I don't know how I managed to get over the front doorsteps, which were a bit of a challenge. It was all just a bit too much.

I was glad when we left but I was glad we made it too - Robyn hasn't seen her friend for three years.

Back at home it got sadder; tonight was the peak night of the Perseids meteorite shower. I've watched it all my life. Three years ago me and Robyn took a couple of chairs and some lager and sat down to watch the firework display late into the night. it meant a lot.

Not tonight, I'm afraid.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Are hou going to be able to see the eclipse next week?

    ReplyDelete