Wednesday 5 July 2017

Summer heat.

I had another day when I wasn't able to do anything - laid low by pain. It's not good.

In fact I managed to stay in bed until 7-30 which was really good. I normally have to get up by about 6-00am - the painkillers run out at 0430am.

I even did a few things, early on but then I ran out of steam quite quickly.

Late in the afternoon I forced myself to go out for a slow and painful walk in the full summer sun.

It was beating down, really hot. I loved it. Even if it knocked me out afterwards.

This 2015 poem just says it all;

Heat

Everything shines, turns blue, rustles,
The day is searing like a fruit
That the sun cracks and cooks.
Every little leaf is hot
And shimmers in the air where
A fragrance like plum lingers.
The sun like water rains down
On the whole land, yellow and blue
Sizzling and oscillating a little.
An infinite pleasure of living
Rushes forward from the drunken forest
Of pink wheat like copper.

By Monique Palomares 
 
English translation by Lisa Yannucci
   

Or something like that.....

Neil Harris

(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow really hot? Last year I was wearing a sweater in July. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete