Monday 15 May 2017

Side effects.

I've been feeling sick today - it's my chemotherapy.

I've been given meds to stop that happening but unfortunately, they make me itch all over. It's unbelievably unpleasant having a permanently itchy back and ears or whatever. 

I didn't realise that was what was happening; when I had intravenous chemo I kept going into anaphylactic shock so I had to had a cocktail of drugs each time to stop that happening. One of the drugs was the one that made me itch all over, I just didn't realise it.

So, I had to put up with that for about a year until I realised what was doing it.

Now I've been given anti-histamines to stop the itching. But really, sometimes I'd just rather feel sick than take another series of drugs to deal with the side effects of the drugs that are meant to stop the side effects of the drugs I'm taking.

I've had five years of side effects and not a huge amount to show for them either.

Robyn has to remind me how lucky I am more often these days, but she is right, I have been very lucky.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment