Friday 24 March 2017

No more Wheeling and Dealing.

I'm a bit upset - 'The Wheeler Dealers' are no more.

The last time I broke my back, it was 'Breaking Bad' and 'Wheeler Dealers' that got me through it (and Robyn, of course).

They were Mike Brewer who used to buy elderly cars and Edd China who repaired them before they were sold on for a pretend profit.

It brought back many memories of trying to keep my old Skoda on the road when I couldn't really afford to drive. I'm happy to admit that I'm no Edd China.

Sadly, Edd has now left the show and, as he really was the show, it's all over.

It isn't the end of the world for me - I don't have satellite TV so I'm watching it three or four years too late on Terrestrial repeats. It's like watching far away galaxies - it takes a long time for the light to reach you.

I understand that in later episodes the pair were bought up by the Discovery Channel and transferred to America.

Anyway it's a bit sad, not least because about 18 months ago we had a day out in Somerset. In the morning we went around Banksy's 'Dismaland' and then we drove up Cheddar Gorge, did the cheesy tourist stuff and then went to a Cider Farm to buy.......Cider.

It was a lovely day out and with hindsight about the nearest we got to a holiday.

Anyway, when we were in the gorge, Robyn spotted 'The Wheeler Dealers', I stopped and jumped out of my car to steal this picture;


Mike and Edd test driving one of their cars, with the film crew behind them and at the time I was impressed how good the Honda S2000 looked.

Ah well, I'll just have to watch repeats.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Aww, well everything changes. Now you and Robyn have to find a new show to watch.

    ReplyDelete