Sunday 25 December 2016

Happy Christmas John and Yoko.

Oh I was tired on Christmas eve morning and I got up far too late.

In the end I put off all the difficult things as I was too sore and boiled my ham instead.

I do it every year - lots of memories.


It has to be said that I've been fairly good; I'm largely vegetarian these days, but occasionally like Christmas I weaken. Robyn is much better than I am.

It never used to be as painful boiling a ham but I made it.....with a couple of carrots, some onions, celery, garlic, peppercorns, cloves, bay leaves.

It's going to be nice.

Then after lunch and a rest I set out equipped (allegedly) for theft. I headed down to historic, evocative Ankerwycke because I know there is Mistletoe to be had there.

And there was;


There's lots, the ancient trees were heavy with Mistletoe this year. The Druids symbol of new life in mid winter.

This looks good - not too high for me.


As I said, I had equipment with me;


Lots of berries, Christmas is complete.

Even if I was fairly shattered by the time I got home.

So, I'd like to wish you a very happy Christmas; I'm drinking Robyn's eggnog which means I've got to stay up late to take my antibiotic.

I've still got to put up the holly and the mistletoe and some balloons but there's time.

Meanwhile every year I put up a link top Yoko Ono's page commemorating her and John Lennon's 1969 poster campaign and 1971 single; "War is over - If you want it", where you can download this slogan in any language or buy a T-shirt and become a 'Small pebble person'.

http://imaginepeace.com/warisover/



Happy Christmas John and Yoko.





Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment