Wednesday 26 October 2016

Fighting Heathrow Expansion.

This picture comes from 2015 when I joined the picket of Uxbridge County Court, to try to save 'Grow Heathrow' from eviction.

It was very nice that the newly appointed Shadow Chancellor and M.P. for Hayes and Harlington John McDonnell was able to join us.


The decision was put off then and Grow Heathrow are still there but now the decision has been announced that the third runway will be built at Heathrow, they are likely to be in the firing line again and soon.

As a result of the decision the villages of Sipson and Harlington will disappear along with large sections of Colnbrook and a big chunk of green belt. The M25 motorway will either be diverted or built over and extended to 14 lanes, while much of the area where I grew up will be blighted by development and blanketed with noise and pollution forever.

I'm aiming to oppose the airport expansion as much as I'm able to, although I suspect my direct action days are probably over now!

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment