Friday 2 September 2016

The Labour Leadership Election.

What did I do today?

I casted my vote;


It's been a struggle to get it - I'm not a Labour Party member my vote comes through my union membership, which, luckily, I still have even though work is over for me.

The Labour Party put a few obstacles in my path before I got the vote, even though it's my right. I suspect that many people would have been put off - I wasn't.

It's a funny thing when a political party goes to such lengths to stop its members voting - to the extent of going to court to prevent 130,000 people having a vote that they should have been given.

At the end of the day, 172 highly paid and privileged members of parliament think that they matter more than the views of 100's of thousands of Labour party members and affiliates.

No one has had a harder fight to become and then remain the leader of his party than Jeremy Corbyn. If, as I hope, he wins this vote he will have demonstrated that he is ideally placed to take on the problems of turning this country around and ending the unfairness and inequality of life under the tories.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment