Sunday 11 September 2016

'I can' at Chertsey Museum.

We went to Chertsey and ate cream filled doughnuts from the bakery.

And we had a look at Chertsey Museum, which is interesting enough with some antiquities from the Roman and Greek eras as well as a collection of fashion through the ages.

But this was the highlight;


It's lots of different decorated wooden blocks each one made by young people with learning difficulties who attend The Clubhouse Project in Surrey. 


They were asked to think of a phrase that expressed 'what they can do, what they can't do, what they want to do and what they don't want to do'.


I really liked it, especially along the bottom where one of the youngsters made a block saying "I want to zip up my coat" and then added another block which says "Now I can".

And who doesn't want to "Dance like no one's watching"?



It's charming.


Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment