Thursday 11 August 2016

The Museum of Nothing in Particular: part 7.

I have started throwing things out and came across my collection of "Baggies".

I've picked these up on my travels over the last couple of years. There were a few more but they were duplicates.

They are the little bags dealers use to supply cannabis in.


I make no judgement about that - I was just interested in the growth of branding.

The bigger bags with cannabis leaves are generic - it's the kind of thing you can buy in street markets, so are the ones with pound and dollar signs. They are probably sold in assortments and it's even possible that the pound signs are an attempt to make it seem like there is a legitimate use for possessing 'Baggies'.

In fact, possession of enough baggies alone can be enough to get you arrested.

The two smaller bags are more interesting - Bob Marley and the Uzi which definitely seem like the start of branding.

You would be surprised where I found them and there were lots more to find but with a broken back I often didn't feel like picking things up from the pavement.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment