Sunday 7 August 2016

Marmalade time!

I made marmalade - I was getting fed up with spending a lot of money on stuff that wasn't very good.

As you can see, I missed the Seville Orange season which is some time in January and only lasts about a week.

I bought a tin;



It was really very easy - you just pour it into a saucepan and add water;


And then the sugar;


I was actually horrified how much sugar goes into jams and marmalade - you never realise until you make it for yourself. next time I'll try it with less than the recipe.

Anyway, it looked alright;


It cost £1-99 plus £1-19 for the sugar and we got 8 jars out of it;


It tasted a lot nicer too;


I don't think it's going to last very long!

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment