Saturday 23 July 2016

No Lip at the UXB10 Festival.


We made it out for the night!



I've been looking forward to this for months; Pete Corse of 'No Lip' and his friends organised a two day festival in Uxbridge to raise money for the Macmillan Nurses and to give local bands a new venue.

We got a big stage, speakers and monitors....everything;



And all the proceeds went to a very good cause;


We got there late (I'm still a bit crotchety at the moment) but we were there in time to see 'Holy Faction' who played alternative punk and we liked them a lot;



This is 'Dog Rotten', young and full of action;


But I have to admit the highlight for me was 'No Lip', which shouldn't be any surprise if you've read this Blog for any time;


Straight forward punk sung at the top of it's voice in 3 minute bursts;


The band were a blast, even if the mikes were playing up by this time.


This is Pete Corse, who deserves a big thank you for putting on such a great night; 


And it really was a blast, as you can see;


Last band on were 'Rage DC';


We ended up staggering home at 12-30, at which time I could have done with my own personal Macmillan Nurse.


The second night is tonight; £3-00 on the door and 7 (yes 7!) bands including 'Girl in the Garden', who I've reviewed here before
.
I may not make that but if you're free it will be good.....it's at The Battle of Britain Club, Hillingdon Road, Uxbridge.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home:helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment