Friday 13 May 2016

An idilic afternoon in Marlow just before it all went wrong.

On Wednesday, we booked our Wedding reception and then went off to have a picnic lunch somewhere. We ended up in Marlow for no particular reason.

We had our lunch, looked at the shops and ended up having cakes and coffee at 'Burgers' as well.



We spent the afternoon chatting and watching the world go by from a table on the pavement.


There's nothing better.

It was a nice afternoon which was just as well.

Today, I was back up at hospital to see Dr Feelgood and got the bad news that my chemotherapy had failed completely; I didn't even get to finish the course. 

Tomorrow I start a different chemo instead.

Apart from losing the time I'd assumed I'd get and probably losing the chance of a second batch of the same drug later this year as well - we'd timed it so that I'd be well and off chemo for this summer.

We'd hoped to have time to get some kind of holiday, so it's a major blow.

Well, I never promised any of you a fairy tale ending.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment