Monday 4 April 2016

Bye bye Parka.




This is a depressing sight; my parka lying on top of the wheely bin and later on today its going into the rubbish.

I've had it for about 14 years, wearing it through thick and thin. Mainly it's been thin really, if I'm honest. I did wear it on a few adventures - including a couple of wild trips to the continent but a lot of the time it's been trips to hospitals.

Sadly it's been worn out for a while; there are some rips and I've been trapped by the zip a couple of times and couldn't get out.

Grrrrrh!

The final straw was when Robyn told me that I looked like I'd been in a fight with a duck and lost - the down had started leaking all over me.

It's sad because it's probably the first time I've ever been without a Parka in my wardrobe and it's really part of me.

I've had cheap silly kids parkas and I've had original German NATO fishtail Parkas as well as everything in between but I've always had one somewhere.

It's a symbol of being a MOD, the ultimate symbol of straight up two fingers, What'cha gonna do about it,  in your face rebellion.

And while I've been fitfully looking around shops and even on the net, the truth is there's a big hole in my wardrobe right now.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment