Tuesday 8 March 2016

Deckle and Mould.

In case you haven't guessed yet, I've been making a 'Deckle and Mould'. Actually, I finished the Mould yesterday, it's in my left hand;


Today I needed to finish the 'Deckle', with Robyn to help me out by measuring the mesh and cutting it to size.


It's not too exact but a bit fiddly; 


There's the mesh cut to size and all that needs to be done is to fix it over the frame and my Deckle is ready;


I cheated a bit - I used drawing pins to stretch the mesh;


Nearly there;



Just need to trim it off;



And my 'Deckle and Mould' are ready;


Now the only problem is that we were so intent on making them big enough that we made them too big for our sink and our bowls are too small too.

Now I need to find a water container big enough!

That may take a day or two.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment