Friday 29 January 2016

Last meal.

Last night we decided to have a meal from our favourite Chinese takeaway;


We had the full works - Shrimp Chow Mein, Savoury Tofu, Egg fried Rice, Stir Fried Mangetout (that's 'Snow Peas' if you're American) and Prawn Crackers.

A riot of tastes and textures.

Today I start Chemotherapy and one of the things I'll lose will be my sense of taste and while we'll go on having the occasional Chinese it probably won't mean a lot to me.

Last night I started my course of steroids - a massive dose to cope with chemo.

I'm not at all optimistic about this but we've got the treatment timed so that if it works, we'll have a summer, which would make up for last year when it never happened for us.

What's cool is that for a short while I lose pain - for well over a year I've had some massive aches and pains. 

A break, even if it's only for half an hour or so is very nice.

And I've now had enough steroids I may be able to qualify for the british Olympic team for Rio in the summer.

Now I've just got to negotiate the journey to and from Charing Cross Hospital; drive, walk, tube, walk, collapse and back again. I'm not sure how well that's going to go this time.

I'll let you know.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment