Wednesday 16 December 2015

Simon Spillett and Roger Beaujolais at The Red Lion.

After our draining Monday we went to our Jazz Club at The Red Lion, Isleworth armed with a Christmas Stollen to say thank you to the friends who helped us in the morning.

As it turned out, one of them doesn't eat sweet things?!

But I was in for a real treat - just about my favourite line up.

Trevor Tomkins as ever provided some immaculate drums.

This is Simon Spillett looking immaculate in his MOD suit and a narrow tie straight out of the 1960's.

Now who do I know who dresses like that?



I love his playing and the choice of music was very much in my Thelonius Monk and Charlie Parker world.

Next to him is Roger Beaujolais on Vibes - we even got a Milt Jackson solo from him;



On the back row you can see Alec Dankworth playing Bass and John Critchinson on keyboards;


But both Robyn and me were shattered after our day, lets hope it worked out OK.

But Monday night?

That was magical.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment