Sunday 27 December 2015

59,000 Thanx!


Many thanks for taking the Blog to 59,000 hits it was another Christmas present.

We are under attack from my Christmas curse; I mentioned the mice before?

Just before Christmas I got out the leaflet the local council gives us every year and checked out when we had to put the rubbish out very carefully.

The next day they came and our rubbish wasn't out - some time last year I threw out this years leaflet and kept the last one instead.

Doh!

I can only say it was a very hard year.

In the autumn our TV died - a big old heavyweight enormous TV that no one can lift. So at the moment we're watching a little old portable TV and the dead one is behind it in the corner - we can't get rid of it.

Boxing day?

Nice quiet Boxing day....I don't think so. the washing machine died on us.

I hurt my back getting the washing out. We had to go into town on Boxing day which I didn't want to do and I bought another machine - they're coming on New Year's Eve to put it in.

The problem is that I got it from the same well known high street retailer who sold us the last one and then wouldn't install it so we had to pay a fortune to get someone in to do it for us.

This time I described the problem in great detail, but who knows?

Back then I vowed to do it myself - that's not looking so clever now with a broken back.

I'm hoping that's the end of our troubles but I'm not so sure.

The problem is that all these things only needed to last a short while longer - we don't know where we'll be and what we'll be doing in a couple of months time. So I really didn't want to be doing all this now.

I'm trying to hold onto the Christmas spirit.

Last night Robyn made me a fabulous Gin and Tonic.......that helped.

Grrrrrrh!

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment