Wednesday 4 November 2015

Tulips from Amsterdam.

This is what I saw on my way to Hospital yesterday;



It was covering a good part of the side of an enormous lorry
parked on the Fulham Palace Road.

It's a painting in the manner of a 'Delft' tile - ceramic work from the 17th century when Holland was at the peak of it's power and influence.

It could only mean one thing....Tulips from Amsterdam!



 
 
No Tulips of course, it's a bit too early. And it's not from Amsterdam but these days the Dutch growers and wholesales cut out the middle men and deliver direct to the little florists. The lorry had come all the way from Holland and I just felt like jumping on for the ride back - skipping the appointment.
 
I loved A-Dam and it would have been nice to go back.
 
As it turned out that would have been a good idea.
 
My cancer has made a dramatic comeback, worthy of the late, great Mr Frank Sinatra himself.
 
As if that wasn't bad enough something else, new and unpleasant, has also gone wrong too.
 
I'll spare you the details....Gulp!
 
Well, I'm not about to give up just yet, apart from anything else, it's all very inconvenient.
 
I've got things to do.
 
I'll keep you posted.
 
Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com
 


No comments:

Post a Comment