Monday 2 November 2015

Spider Webs in the mist.


Sunday morning and we were covered by a thick, damp fog - it shut down Heathrow Airport for a while so everything was still.

I looked out of the window and saw the spider webs were covered in droplets and I rushed out to take pictures.




As you can see it didn't work out very well and I wasn't going to use it.

The light is wrong and the picture doesn't have enough clarity (my ancient pawn shop camera isn't good enough in low light) and the web is (how can I put this?) just not good enough.

It's as if the spider skipped all important lectures at Spider College.

It's a mess.

So this morning I thought I'd nip out and have another go.

I must have looked quite a sight - I had a bad night with lots of pain and when I got up I just threw an old coat over my dressing gown and staggered out, getting wet from the dew overnight.

When I got to the untidy web I had a surprise.

The spider must have been a bit ashamed about it's pathetic web and had another go, like me.

When I took a look I could see that it was halfway through the job;


Autumn is really here now.

Neil Harris

(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment