Thursday 5 November 2015

My Birthday.

Wednesday was my birthday and thanks to my wonderful partner Robyn, I had a very special day.

It started with this;


A Happy Birthday Google Doodle just for me!

Even better were birthday greetings from the fridge;




Funny, there was me thinking that we didn't get on so well.

I got a very special present - this year the biggest thing that happened to me was our trip to Banksy's Dismaland theme park in Weston-super-Mare.

Unfortunately for us, Banksy kept giving out 'Free Art' - random presents of his works.

That's charming but the unfortunate side effect was that lots of people just bought up everything that was going......just in case they got something free.....

So the 'capitalists' bought up all the programmes and we had to wander around without one, unsure of whose art we were looking at.

In my Blogs about Dismaland I was just guessing who did what. In fact I was nearly always right but I may have to go back and put in notes crediting the 'unknowns', if I have time.

I especially want to credit 'Rita Wastedrita' who put her posters all around the park;

                                    Image result for rita wasted rita

So my wonderful partner got me a programme on E-bay from the horrible capitalists for my birthday.

Suddenly I was back in Dismaland all over again;


                                         

For the last year I've been vegetarian, a change that's been a good move - it's cool.

Once in a while I do weaken and I'm afraid that this was one of those days;



Oh that was good!

How about this too?




An amazing Birthday cake with a 'Heinz 57 varieties' theme. it took Robyn hours to make;


 
 
'Neil established 1958'.
 
This has been such a tough year for both of us. Just when it looked like we would get some time together I broke my back and it took 5 long months for anyone to realise.
 
Through all the tough times Robyn's been there for me.
 
I am the luckiest person on earth.
 
Thanks Robyn, love you.
 
Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment