Saturday 15 August 2015

Art Themen at The Red Lion..




Monday night saw me and Robyn at The Red Lion, Isleworth for the Jazz.

These days I find the stools unbearable - by about 1000pm I'm in agony.

All the same nothing would see me missing Art Themen (above left). When I was on three monthly hospital appointments (and everything was going wrong very quickly) it always coincided with Art's three monthly visits and I used it to cheer myself up.

He doesn't come so often these days, which is a shame.

Art is a leading exponent of Bebop and has been doing that for quite a while - since I was young!

This time he was a bit more subdued, playing with Henry Lowther whose trumpet style is a lot more mellow;

 
 
And tonight you get a rare sighting of Trevor Tomkins who hides on the back row, normally. John Horler was on keyboards and Dave Green on bass.
 
Oh, was I glad to get up by the end of the evening!
 
Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment