Wednesday 29 July 2015

Ant-Man.



In the afternoon, I had to go to the post office and after, we went for a walk. As we crossed over the village green, I stopped to have a look at the cricket square and then, rather thoughtfully, suggested to Robyn; "You know, we could go to see 'Ant-man' tonight?"

Robyn started to have convulsions, laughing. I caught it too - so bad I had to stagger over to a tree stump to hold myself up.

We were almost paralysed, and I know a thing or two about that.

How ridiculous.


By the time evening came tumbleweed was blowing through our heads. 

There was nothing on the TV and it was supersaver Tuesday, after all.

We set off for The Empire Cinema, Slough. Perhaps Ant-Man wouldn't be so bad after all? 

We made it, even after I got the urge to park way up at the top of the multi-storey car park and then I forgot my ticket and had to go all the way back.

Terminator Genesys?

It wasn't that great last week - convoluted, unbelievable story and a silly misuse of CGI.

"Hey, the focus groups don't think much of the movie....boost up the CGI!".

Ant-Man was so different. Unlike Jurassic World they took time to build up the characters so you actually gave a $%?@ what happened to them.

There was a good cast - actually really good. Even Michael Douglas (who I can't stand) was used well.

There was a story. No, really.

And it was funny. By which I mean it made us laugh in a witty way.

It was a lot of fun and over far too quickly.

So unless you are a complete Arnie fan or have a real need for dinosaurs, I would head on down to see Ant-Man instead.

Good old Marvel comics.

Can't wait for the 'Fantastic Four'....in a couple of weeks.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me:  neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment