Wednesday 24 June 2015

Museum of Nothing in Particular; Department of Archaeology.

You will probably be as unimpressed with this as Robyn was.

I've been feeling a little sad recently - it's June and I used to try and get a few days off at this time of year.

I was a late convert to camping and I'd expected to have some exciting trips to faraway places in my retirement. I'm not up to that anymore.

Ah well.

Anyway, I thought I'd fire up my kettle one last time.

What do you need to brew up a cup of coffee?


Some sticks, some newspaper and a mug of Coffee, of course.

I have a 'Rocket kettle', a fabulous invention which you can use to make Tea or Coffee in the wildest place as long as you have some dry twigs or cardboard or paper.

I set it up in the front garden, one last time.



You fill the kettle with water, then make a pile of twigs in the central chimney......and set fire to them.

That's going well.


 
 
 
It builds up a furious fire (if you're lucky) because of the chimney effect.



If you look carefully, you can see my Coffee steaming.

As I said, Robyn was unimpressed. I'm guessing the passers by were puzzled too but I needed to get that out of my system, one last time.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me:  neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment