Thursday 28 May 2015

Update time.

At the beginning of this week I laughed!

It's the first time in about 6 months.

I don't mean I haven't sniggered or chuckled because I have but oh, how it hurt.

Ouch!

I've had to avoid laughing because of my collapsed spine.

It really hurt.

There are lots of problems in having advanced osteoporosis but not being able to laugh was about the worst. It would send me into impossible muscle spasms of agony.

Not any more.

So now I'm 36 hours into cold turkey.

I was supposed to stop taking my high powered painkillers when I didn't need them. Slowly, slowly, gradually cutting back in stages.

I just stopped all at once and it's confirmed what I already knew - they worked against minor pain but they never worked with the really agonising pains.

Anyway I've stopped and it's going OK. I've got cravings but nothing serious.

And everything hurts more but hey! Life is OK.

Cancer? Well I've another appointment soon and because I was in hospital I haven't had a blood test for about two months, so we'll have to see how that goes next month.

At the moment?
I'm back on paracetamol and things are good.

Tomorrow I'll tell you about our trip back in time yesterday.

Neil Harris

(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment