Wednesday 20 May 2015

Back at The Red Lion.

Monday night and we made it back to our Jazz club at The Red Lion, Isleworth!
 
That's an achievement - the last time I was there I was in a whole world of pain.
 
Back then, by the second set I couldn't sit down any more. I had to stand up.
 
It was certainly back in April, probably about two months ago and there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then.
 
If I'm honest, Monday was still a real struggle; halfway through I fell asleep. That's not the fault of the musicians....it was just a real struggle.

 
This is Don Weller on sax and behind him Trevor Tomkins on the drums.
 
I wasn't so nimble on Monday,  so no photos of John Donaldson on keyboards or Andrew Cleyndert on bass I'm afraid.
 
Somehow, the charm of the old Red Lion seems to be missing.
 
The music is as good as ever. The beer is in the same league, only not for me as I'm still on meds.
 
But, it isn't the same and needs to create a whole new atmosphere.
 
I don't think the portrait of foxhunters that's appeared on the wall is going to help me.
 
Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment