Monday 4 May 2015

Almost but not quite,




I must admit it's a terrible photo and that's partly due to the fact that I have a 'cancer garden' again; our 'lawn' is out of control again. It's a mass of weeds and wild plants. I'm not able to cut it any more.

If you look at the centre of the picture at the top and then trace a line two thirds of the way down towards the bottom you can just make out a brown figure?

It's not a cat or a dog; it's a deer.

I think they are Muntjac deer - very small and very shy and they escaped from captivity years ago. Now they are wild again and they move silently amongst the long grass of the Thames valley, hiding in shadows.

They slink in and out of our garden quite often and in late June when the hay is nearly ready to cut you can catch glimpses of them hiding under the long grass in the farmer's fields.

It's almost impossible to take a photo they are very shy. Now I'm on a walking frame I don't stand a chance.

This time I was just too late although I had a good look as I struggled to the window.

I will try again!

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me:  neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment