Friday 24 April 2015

I'm back!

Made it!

In the last couple of days I've been unable to access my Blog because my dongle ran out and were waiting to have broadband installed.

Now it's happened and somehow I've scrambled aboard the 21st century. Robyn used her phone to activate a couple of entries I'd installed on Bloggers memory ready for the break, so I haven't really been away.

I'm actually quite sad - for the last three years I've had no internet connection because my Mum had an alarm system set up through her phone and we would have needed another line. It would have probably interfered with the system....it was just too complicated.

Anyway I used to supplement my dongle's miserable data with trips to Caffé Nero where I downloaded the big stuff.

It was about the only break I ever got and as I had cancer it became a lifeline.

So now the internet is so easy to use, some of the fun and excitement has gone out of it.

And I miss going to Caffé Nero too, it meant a lot to me.

So I have mixed feelings.

I've also been having a tough time over the last couple of days; a lot of pain when I expected (hoped) things would be improving, not least because I'm on some fairly heavyweight painkillers.

And (of course) I had unreasonable expectations about what I would be able to get up to. But it's a problem; I need to get to medical appointments a long way away - I've got to get moving!

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact me:  neilwithpromisestokeep@gamil.com

No comments:

Post a Comment