Sunday 19 April 2015

Back down to earth.



 
 
I got a bit carried away in the hospital; making all kinds of plans. When I got home cold, hard reality set in quite quickly.
 
I woke up on Friday in a lot of pain and after breakfast and my medication I fell asleep. Woke up at lunch and then fell asleep again until the evening and so on. The first night I was so worried about my back that I slept in my back brace which I am not supposed to do.
 
Saturday was all different; I went for a walk.
 
The sun was shining bright, the garden (in between the weeds) was a blaze of spring colours. The greens of the different fresh spring leaves were electric; I walked to the front gate and stood watching the world go by.
 
It was great.
 
I spent the rest of the day looking out of the window and just bathed in sunshine.
 
 
It really is going to be  a long hard struggle to get nowhere in particular.
 
 
Anyway, we celebrated it all with a Saturday night Chinese takeaway; the white bag is full of prawn crackers.
 
It felt great!
 
 
Neil Harris
 
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment