Friday 17 April 2015

35,000 Thanx.


 
 
 
Yesterday was tough - I got overconfident. 
 
Physiotherapy turned up and I got out of bed and I walked and walked, with a walking frame.
 
No problem.
 
I climbed stairs to show I could go home. I wanted to thank everybody for how hard they had worked - see?
 
Then with transport coming at 2pm I got washed at 1-00pm.
 
Ow! Agony. Nearly fell over, lot of pain and my canula fell out.
 
I had a sit down and then lay down. The transport didn't come, there were all sorts of problems.
 
Secretly I was delighted. I had nothing left, I was in pain.
 
I slept for about 6 hours and just about got myself together. They came at 10-00pm and we escaped, punching the air, late in a dark night.
 
We got home to a dark, quiet deserted world and sat talking through what had happened until I got my act together to go to bed, very painfully.
 
So thanks to you all for taking the Blog to 35,000.
 
Thanks to Charing Cross and the Acute Cancer ward 6 North for getting me through this.
 
It's going to be a very tough journey and I'm still not exactly sure where I'm going.
 
I do know I've got Robyn by my side and that's all that matters.
Stick around, see what happens.
 
Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop but you can a bit trembly if it hurts too much)
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment