Wednesday 11 March 2015

Stan Sulzman at the Red Lion.


 
 
Monday came and I hurt my back again. I just about made it to my jazz club at the Red Lion. It certainly hurt, unlike the music.
 
Mark Nightingale was late; his car broke down. I didn't mind because the trombone isn't my favourite jazz instrument even though mark plays it well.
 
I also prefer quartets - it's just me.
 
Anyway, who could resist Stan Sulzman? He's a fine saxophonist and with Ross Stanley on Keyboards you have a world class group; Ross is a world famous session player and accompanist with his own quartet.
 
Alec Dankworth on bass with Trevor Tomkins on drums made for a fine evening, even if for me all the fun was in the first half.
 
My back? That bad news is going to mess up everything but that can wait for tomorrow.
 
Neil harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment