Wednesday 25 March 2015

Public Enema Number One.


It’s never too late to start again,

to go on the run,

just tell me when.

 

I’ll head for the hills,

if I can still get my pills.

Take my chances

with the Sundances.

 

I know,

I’ll be the Al Capone

Of the old peoples home.

 

When I do that last bank

remind me to take my shooter

and recharge the battery

on my mobility scooter.

 

They tell me Bolivia is good;

where the banks are easy

for an old hood.

 

We’ll be Bonnie and Clyde

with no place to hide.

I’ll be the Dillinger

of the Community centre.

What have I become?

Public Enema Number One.

 

It’s just that when the feds finally get me

“The Man too Dangerous to Hold”

I’ll need a cell that’s wheelchair friendly

an electric stairlift and a commode.


Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)


No comments:

Post a Comment