Thursday 19 March 2015

Just in case things go quiet here.




Tuesday and I had to struggle in to Charing Cross Hospital to see Dr Feelgood. This is a new piece of art from the entrance hall. Unfortunately, I couldn't get any details of the piece; I was in a lot of pain.

And I mean a lot of pain.

There was good and bad news.

The bad news is that for 4 months I've had a collapsed vertebrae, which explains why I've been in such pain. It's nice to know that I haven't gotten soft in my old age. I'm going to need an operation.

The good news is that the scan from January shows that my tumours have retreated, which is why my vertabrae collapsed.

I'm not cured or anything like that.

I'm not better.

In fact the figures look like it's getting worse again.

So let's not get carried away but I'm not going anywhere just yet. Which in my world of bad news is good news.

The problem is that my back is becoming really serious. If I need an operation soon (I do, it's just whether they give me one) this Blog may go quiet for a while.

If that happens, don't give up on me - I'll make it back!

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

Oh by the way....I've just done a bit of gloating on my seriously boring Blog - Bart's Health Trust has just been placed in 'Special Measures' due to problems at that group of hospitals. it's something I highlighted TWO years ago; have look.
helpmesortoutthenhs.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment