Friday 30 January 2015

From one subversive to another.




I couldn't resist posting this picture; on Thursday I was feeling c#$p and ended up going out for a walk when I should have been doing other things.

It was worth it when I saw this - it's sunbeams moving through the trees at Ankerwycke, picked out by woodsmoke.




 
 
It looks like everybody apart from me is getting themselves sorted out. This is a busy mole, getting his house ready for the spring.



It's ideal mole weather - not too cold, wet but not too wet.

The wet matters because if the soil is wet but not waterlogged, the worms are active near the surface.

Moles eat worms and it's easier to tunnel.

People with neat lawns hate moles - I love 'em!

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment