Monday 10 November 2014

Lord John at The Three Mariners, Bagshot.





This has been a really bad year for my favourite MOD bands - I've just learnt that another one has had a dramatic change of line up - those splits are never good and there are always two sides which I don't want to get involved in.

Very sad and the third time it's happened to me this year.

Why don't people realise that when you have something good that's not the time to start messing about with it?

Friday night and we rushed down to The Three Mariners in Bagshot. We weren't there for the outrageously expensive beer (stop grumbling, the music was free) we were there for 'Lord John'.

Here they are;

Paul Waterhouse – Lead Vocals

• Martin – Lead Guitar

• Steve Hart – Bass Guitar

• Jeff Edgar – Drums




 
 
 
 It's a fine mixture of good old British R 'n B, some soul and sometimes a bit of Britpop; it's MOD music.
 
No frills, no effects, no nonsense;
  
 



I don't know if it was because I was in mourning for a number of lost MOD bands but they seemed well together, enjoying themselves and particularly tight on Friday;



We were dancing to 'Green Onions', although Robyn was going through the culture shock of coping without a Hammond Organ on this soul classic.

I'm cool with that...there was some great guitar. Although I will travel for a real live Hammond.

There were some committed Faces in the crowd and the 6T's classics included a selection of Who numbers played with real punch.

Nice night!
Check them  out on www.Lemonrock.co.uk


Neil Harris

(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home:   helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment