Tuesday 28 October 2014

Sunset Boulevard at The Three Horseshoes, Feltham.



Saturday – lousy day, magical night.

I’d been ill for a few days but by Saturday I was really ill and feeling fairly C@#p. If I hadn’t had a dental appointment I would never have gone out. Because the dentist was too scared to pull the remains of my tooth out I had to have pins driven into my tooth and a resin stump constructed out of nothing.

It hurt when it shouldn’t have but I’m a little bit impressed.

I slept most of the day and whenever I woke up I was worse, it was that kind of day .

So we went out!

In fact we were planning to see a favourite band but when we got there all we found were cars leaving.

So we drove off to Staines, parked, went into a Pub and found that the band there was truly dreadful – we lasted about 30 seconds and left.

So finally, we spent the evening at The Three Horseshoes in Feltham watching my old favourites ‘Sunset Boulevard’.If anything they are an old fashioned ‘Showband’ – no pretension but great fun. A six piece with a full brass section and all the trimmings.

I last saw them on Christmas Eve and I might do it again this year, if I make it.

They are that kind of fun;


They play covers (of course).

There is always some soul and some blues and a lot of Rock ‘n Roll. Not so much my thing but we did enjoy it – dancing in the back of a crowded bar – making up our own silly dances.

Just Jivin’.

And Robyn is even a cousin by marriage to Little Richard. Although now I think about it, she has so many cousins she’s probably related to most people.

And we got complimented –“such a cool couple”, which was really nice.











They play covers (of course).

There is always some soul and some blues and a lot of Rock ‘n Roll. Not so much my thing but we did enjoy it – dancing in the back of a crowded bar – making up our own silly dances.

Just Jivin’.




And Robyn is even a cousin by marriage to Little Richard. Although now I think about it, she has so many cousins she’s probably related to most people.

And we got complimented –“such a cool couple”, which was really nice.

It was a strange evening – we saw an amazing Custom car but it passed us far too quickly to take a picture; it was just a blur of chrome and wheels.

It’s also Diwali (the Hindu festival of light) and as we left at midnight we passed a Hindu family, a couple and their kids all dressed in traditional clothing and garlanded with chains of flowers as they made their way home from a party.

Charming.

And then we ended up at ‘Burger Plus’ in Ashford.

Buyin’ fries and just chillin’.

And I got the second compliment of the night – for my hat.

So it was a magical evening after all.






Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact me:  neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment