Saturday 11 October 2014

Parisien graffiti.


Last April when I went to Paris I paid a special visit to Belleville to take pictures of the graffiti there - there was some fabulous art there, take a look.

This time my visit was a lot more conventional but I still took the opportunity to take a few pictures of the street art I came across;

 
This is a cobblestone, decorated by an anonymous artist, while this is a plaque on a wall in Montmartre; 
  
 
 



Just like in April, I came across a lot of cut-out graffiti; pre-prepared pieces (often photocopies) which are simply pasted up on a wall. This dancing girl is something special;





I liked this one, he's a character from Tin-Tin (but with a different body), I can't remember his name (is it Captain Bloater?);


 
 
And I couldn't resist some more traditional spray can work. 
 
 
 
 I saw his work last April in Belleville - he's busy on vans in the area (they must hate him!).
 
Then there is photocopier art;
 
Nicely subversive;
 
 
 

 
 
 
Here's another use of traditional streetlights and walls for subversive purposes;
 
 
 
 
 
And I couldn't resist another cobblestone, this one came from Montmartre.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment