Tuesday 9 September 2014

St. Andrews Church fete, Wraysbury.

 
This really is not for me; I'm not religious and I'm not a nationalist. This is the annual church fete; it started with prayers!
 
Really not my kind of thing at all. But it's local and it's held in the grounds of The Grange, which I thought you'd like to see;
  
 
 
 
 A very English scene - stalls raising money for local causes. Scones, sandwiches, Bric-a-Brac, Tombolas and an amateur art show.
 
 
 



The Grange is an enigma; from the road it doesn't look much at all - that's because the road passes what was once the back of the house.

This is the old front, much grander, but it now faces the back garden.

The house is also not what it seems; it looks really old and yet it isn't. A lot was built in the last 100 years but there is a secret; a hall which is old, rumour has it that it goes back to the dark days of King John.

I don't know about that, not least because I've never been inside but I like to think it does; bad King John certainly kept a hunting lodge here and the Magna Carta was signed down by the river.

Who knows?

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home:   helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment