Tuesday 12 August 2014

What we did before plastic.

I've not been having the best of times and I'm still debating whether I can tell you about it. Actually I will but it's a question of timing and I'm now due back at hospital which is never a happy experience.

Anyway we just had the remnants of hurricane Bertha - just winds and rain not a real hurricane. But ideal weather to fly a kite - which is what I did on Sunday.

High winds, great gusts and with my kite kept deliberately unstable it was fun. Until a huge gust sent it into a suicidal dive which shattered one of the poles.



So I found an old bamboo cane, split it in half, then in half again. Threw away the pieces that were rough or irregular and smoothed off the best quarter. Cut it to size and I'm back in action on Monday as you can see here;





Which is fairly neat, I think you will agree.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment