Monday 25 August 2014

Pimp My Jazz at The Three Steps, Cowley.


Once in a while, the only thing to do is relax.

I got an e-mail last week; 'Pimp my Jazz' were in town unexpectedly on Saturday and that's where we headed.

Last time I saw them was back in June; Jazz on a summer's day in Harmondsworth.

This time we were at The Three Steps in Cowley, my first time at this charming pub. Built in the 1960's, with all the hope and optimism of that decade, its a pub like no other - three octagons (we counted the sides) all of which made for a great venue for a band.

Friendly atmosphere, nice regulars and a soundtrack of Jazz standards, we got a little look into the 'great American Songbook' and some originals from Kay Shelley.

It's a six piece band - Drums and Bass, Saxophone, Guitar and Keyboards and that's a fine backing to the impressive vocals of Esta Daley;

             
 
It's not the modern jazz I love, it's not cutting edge, it's easy listening but there's a place for that.
 
Things are tough and this was a chance for us to dance and there was smooching too; not bad for Cowley on a Saturday night.
 
Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Neil. Had no idea you were there. Next time we must speak!

    Kay
    (manager, Pimp My Jazz)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in disguise! We'll say hi next time Kay.

    ReplyDelete