Thursday 3 July 2014

Best month, ever.

Monday, down at The Red Lion with Robyn was a dream.


This is Kelvin Christian on the Baritone Sax, which meant a feast of Gerry Mulligan and some rather deep notes.

Highlight of the evening was Roger Beaujolais on the vibes;


I used to feel that the vibes were a jazz instrument I didn't want to hear too often - I'm changing.

And this?


I always used to associate the Jazz flute with the 1970's in general and Gil Scott Heron in particular (nothing wrong with Gil - deeply missed) but not a hint of 70's jazz tonight.

Just good sounds, good company and a warm last evening of June.

Best month of the year.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment