Monday 23 June 2014

You read it here first.


I know I go on a bit about The Hobgoblin in Staines.

Here’s a facebook message from The Hob – the autumn schedule. Who knows what I’ll see of this but I’m looking forward to whatever I can get my hands on;

So everything's been a bit quiet on the music front recently with all the football going on, only a couple more gigs left before the refurb ( which I shall be informing you all about soon)

 But to get you all excited about what's to come when we’re open here's a little taster of the bands confirmed so far.......

 HALF HOUR HOTEL

 UKID

 MOCARA

 XII BOAR

 NO LIP

 ACCORDING TO YOU

 THE RED AND THE BLACK

 STONE GIANTS

 TREE HOUSE FIRE

 KING KANUTE

 THE COTTONETTES

 THE SKA SOULS

 EMERGENCY BITTER

 DARKO

 DEAD KANSAS

 

 

AND MANY MANY MORE

 

And if you don’t believe me how about this?

The Carnaby’s are the support act for Blondie on these two dates;

29 June 14 O2 Academy Sheffield

30 June 14 Shepherds Bush Empire.

 

I reviewed the Carnaby’s when they appeared at The Hobgoblin Rockgoblin in April, here’s what I said;


Of all the bands I hadn’t seen, I had the highest expectations of them. I liked the last couple of numbers which were more fast and furious.

What I saw was a really slick, well-rehearsed band; ambitious and tightly focussed on where they are going. They have everything it’s going to take to make it big except for luck and there’s no reason at all why they shouldn’t find some of that.

But the music? I was looking for an edge, a sense of danger and didn’t find it. Ok, I’m too picky. Everyone else thought they were great.
 

April down the Hob, June up there with Blondie.

You read it here first.

 


Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me:  neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment